0613 - visual complexity and recontextualisation ; final

※^Sorry,^my^spacebar^has^broken^down.^Please^read^this^with^patience.
※^스페이스바가^고장나버렸습니다.^인내심을^가지고^읽어주세요.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is from my another class; media environment design studio 2013-1 : project 2 (link), and based on Recontextualisation.

Also^this^is^connected^to^the^last^post;^visual^complexity^and^recontextualisation^;^interim^(link)

-
I^printed^more,^and^adjusted^anaglyph^patterns^into^a^pop-up^and^a^cup.
Actually,^I expected a motion from pop-up,^but^it^was^hard^to^see^it.

지난번^포스트에^이어서,^애너글리프^패턴을^팝업^카드와^컵에^적용했다.^사실^팝업^구조에서의^움직임을^통해서^애너글리프^패턴이^실시간으로^느껴지는^것을^원했지만,^효과는^없었던^것^같다.

1^;^pop-up^___

screen capture in Illustrator

anaglyph pattern + pop-up

2^;^cup^___

screen capture in Illustrator

anaglyph pattern + cup

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And^I tried some experiments for checking how to use an anaglyph pattern in different ways. So I made 2 cubes and adjusted 2 patterns into them.

그리고^애너글리프^패턴이^지니고^있는^특성을^다른^식으로^활용할^수^있는^방법을^찾아보려고^다음과^같은^실험을^했다.

screen capture in Maya

-
Also^I^tried another way, but this is not what I want.
하지만^이^작업들이^내가^생각하던^형태는^아니기^때문에^다음에^다시^시도해봐야겠다.


screen capture in Maya

multiply 2 cubes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And^when I tested some anaglyph experiments, I thought this non shadowing anaglyph image reminded me of an autostereogram. (link_thesis research)

거리감에 따른 애너글리프 효과를 확인해보려고 실험을 하다가, 명암을 없앤 애너글리프 화면이 매직아이의 느낌과 비슷하다고 생각했다. (link_thesis research)


anaglyph test in Maya

-
Then I wanted to develop more, but it is hard to see z depth.
더 발전시켜 보려고 했지만, 깊이감이 잘 느껴지지 않았다.



anaglyph test in Maya

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is what I want to make^in^this^process. It is about line moiré.
아래의 그림은 이^과정에서^내가 시도하려했던 무아레 선을 이용한 실험에 대한 것이다.

moiré + plastic / paper cup

-
So I made a simple animation in Maya, and exported in Illistrator to make a moire image.

이를 위해서 마야에서 간단한 애니메이션을 만든 후, 일러스트레이터에서 편집했다.


screen capture in Maya / Illustrator

-
This is the image before I put another moire pattern. It seems like a glitch art.
아래의 이미지는 다른 무아레 패턴을 더하기 전의 그림이다. 글리치 아트 가 연상된다.

pattern for moiré 

anaglyph + moiré

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I^thought^that^previous^process^is hard to see its proper motion. So^I^did more experiments.

하지만 이번에도 제대로 된 움직임과 이미지가 보이지 않았기^때문에^실험을^더^진행했다.

anaglyph + black bg

anaglyph + white bg

-
I think these images above are hard to see both its animation and pattern. So I tried different ways.

위의^이미지는^애니메이션과^패턴이^둘^다^잘^보이지^않아서^다른^방법을^시도했다.

anaglyph
non anaglyph
anaglyph + non anaglyph

-
I adjusted this pattern^and moire^pattern^into cups, and stack them up.
이^패턴들과^무아레^패턴을^컵에^적용하여,^쌓은^모습을^테스트했다.

anaglyph + non anaglyph + moire + cups

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And^I^wanted^to^develop^it^in^different^ways^using^position^values^from^Syntheyes.^I^like^these^numbers.

그리고^숫자를^활용하는^것을^좋아해서,^Syntheyes^프로그램에서^추출한^위치값을^이전에^만들었던^패턴에^더해보려고^먼저^테스트^해봤다.

object with number
object as number

-
I made a script for this. I can be sure it will work, but I can't check it because it makes my computer stopped.

이를^위해서^마야에서^복사한^스크립트를^응용해서^새로운^스크립트를^만들었지만,^데이터양이^많아서^그런지,^컴퓨터가^멈춰서^확인할^수^없었다.


screen captures in Excel / Maya

-
Also I realized the blured image makes z depth clear.
또한^이미지를^흐릿하게^만들면^깊이감이^더^뚜렷하게^나타난다는^것을^깨달았다.




blur + depth layers

screen capture in Maya

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I modified the code and made varying positon^values. All values are from Syntheyes.

그리고^이전에^만들었던^코드를^수정하여^마야에서^다시^적용해보았다.^모든^값은^Syntheyes^프로그램에서^얻었다.


screen captures from Excel / Maya

anaglyph + obj + position value

screen capture in Maya

But it takes long time for waiting, and I don't need an animation for cup texture, so I stopped this work.

하지만^스크립트를^적용하는^단계에서^시간이^너무^오래^걸리고,^컵에^적용할^패턴으로^움직이는^영상이^필요한^것은^아니라서,^이^작업은^여기서^그만두었다.

-
These are the top view of numbers of position values. I think this graphic is interesting.

이^이미지는^위에서^만들었던^위치값의^숫자들을^위에서^본^모습이다.^이^그래픽이^무척^마음에^든다.

top view of numbers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I made an anaglyph pattern again. These figures are from my previous work.

그리고^애너글리프^패턴을^다시^제작했다.^아래^이미지에^사용된^형태는^이전^작업에서^가져온^것이다.

source image / screen capture in Maya

There are 2 structures in this image. One is the structure of object layers, and the other is the structure among object, shade and pattern.

이^이미지에는^2가지^구조가^존재한다.^하나는^각^개체^레이어로^구성된^것이고,^다른^하나는^개체의^형태와^명암,^그리고^여기에^적용된^패턴으로^구성된^구조라고^생각한다.

1 ___

object 1 + object 2 + object 3

2 ___

object + shade + pattern

-
So I adjusted these pattern into cups, and stacked them.
그래서^이^패턴을^컵에^적용해보고,^각^레이어를^겹치기^위해서^컵을^쌓아보았다.

cup 1 + 2 + 3
cup 1 + 2 + 3 + 4

-
Also I tried to use moire patterns.
또한^무아레^패턴을^활용한^패턴도^적용해보았다.

cup 7 + 5 + 6

moire + anaglyph pattern 1


moire + anaglyph pattern 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And^this^is^the^final^process^movie^for^this^project.
그리고^아래의^영상이^이^프로젝트의^최종^프로세스^영상이다.

process mov for BLISS


No comments:

Post a Comment

2013
main / network / new post / posts / pages / template / customize / layout
hleefactory@gmail.com
THESIS BLOG >


Human and Computer ;
The Visible and The Invisible

-
Hayoun Lee

-
Supervisor
Prof. David Hall





논문 블로그 >


인간과 컴퓨터 ;
보이는 것과 보이지 않는 것

-
이하연

-
지도교수
데이빗 홀 교수님


100
536
180